CALIFORNIA TRUCK ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
FIGHTING FOR THE COMPENSATION YOU DESERVE
Drivers are forced to share the roads and highways with trucks and tractor-trailers. Despite state and federal truck safety laws that are intended to keep the road safe, truck accidents are common, and often result in tragic consequences.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a truck accident, turn to the Law Offices of David P. Kashani, A.P.L.C.
We have the skills and experience needed to hold negligent trucking companies and truck drivers accountable for causing harm to others. You can trust us to provide you with powerful representation and fight for the compensation you need and deserve.
We offer free consultations and handle all truck accident cases on a contingency basis, which means you pay nothing to us until we recover for you.
Please contact our office today so we can get to work on your truck accident case.
WHEN A TRUCK ACCIDENT HAPPENS DUE TO SAFETY VIOLATIONS
Trucking companies and truck drivers must follow a number of state and federal truck safety laws. First, trucking companies are required to properly maintain their vehicles: Braking systems, steering mechanisms, lights, engines, and other mechanical parts must operate safely at all times.
As employers, trucking companies must also properly vet and train new drivers. A trucking company that fails to do either or abide by other safety laws can be held liable for truck accidents that result in injuries and wrongful death.
In addition, truck drivers are legally required to operate their vehicles in a safe manner and avoid causing injuries to others. While all drivers have a duty of care not to injure others, truck drivers are held to a higher standard than other motorists.
In particular, truck drivers must have a commercial driver’s license (CDL) and special skills. Truckers are also required to follow federal safety rules that limit their driving hours and mandate regular rest breaks.
A truck driver who violates these rules can be held liable for accidents resulting in injuries; the trucking company may share in the liability as well.
WHY YOU NEED THE LAW OFFICES OF DAVID P. KASHANI, A.P.L.C. AFTER A TRUCK ACCIDENT
Truck accident claims are complicated by numerous factors, not the least of which is the fact that trucking companies often dispatch teams of investigators to accident scenes and work to deny any liability.
Determining the cause of the truck accident that caused your injuries ultimately requires the skills of our capable legal team working in conjunction with accident reconstruction specialists.
We will work to hold the responsible parties accountable. Depending on the circumstances, this may include the trucking company, the truck driver, or another driver. Above all, we will take the necessary legal action to win you just compensation. Truck accident cases typically involve dealing with insurance companies that attempt to deny claims or pay as little as possible.
At the Law Offices of David P. Kashani, A.P.L.C., we know how to fight back. If the insurer refuses to honor your claim, we will file a lawsuit. Above all, you can trust us to get you the compensation you deserve, whether through negotiation or litigation.
COMMON TRUCK ACCIDENT CAUSES
Truck accidents are often the result of negligent conduct, such as:
- Driver fatigue: Drowsy driving is a widespread problem in the trucking industry, despite hourly federal driving limits and mandatory rest breaks imposed on truck drivers. Truckers must meet strict delivery deadlines, are often paid on a mileage basis, and are prone to fatigue after covering vast distances while driving for long periods. Depending on the circumstances, both the trucking company and the truck driver can be held liable for an accident caused by truck driver fatigue.
- Distracted driving: Truck drivers are more prone to being distracted than other motorists because truckers typically rely on GPS navigation devices to map routes and locate destinations, and on smartphones to communicate. Truckers can also become distracted by eating or drinking or by the rigors associated with truck driving.
- Improper maintenance: Trucking companies and truck owners have a legal obligation to properly maintain vehicles and components (e.g. braking systems, engines, tires, braking lights, hitch assemblies and straps), and can be held liable for truck accidents caused by improper maintenance.
- Inadequate training: It is common for trucking companies to put inexperienced drivers on the road because they are generally paid less per mile than experienced truckers. Because safely maneuvering these vehicles requires skill and experience, inadequately trained truck drivers are more likely to cause accidents, in which case the trucking company can be held liable.
- Improper loading: State and federal laws regulate truck cargo weight, but improper loading is common. This can make a commercial truck more difficult to stop or maneuver, ultimately causing a jack-knife accident.
Depending on the circumstances, a number of parties can be held liable, including the truck driver, the trucking company, or a third party, such as a warehouse operator.
Regardless of the cause, it takes a skilled truck accident attorney to protect your rights and handle your injury claim.
CONTACT OUR EXPERIENCED TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYER IN ALAMEDA COUNTY
When truck accidents result in catastrophic injuries, victims and their loved ones deserve the finest legal representation. At the Law Offices of David P. Kashani, A.P.L.C., we have a well-earned reputation as dedicated advocates of the injured who will fight for every dollar you deserve.
Please contact our office today for a free consultation.