Riverside County Personal Injury Lawyer
From the time your Riverside County personal injury lawyer sends the insurance company the first letter of demand, it might take several weeks to several months (or sometimes even longer) for a final settlement to be reached.
If your personal injury case is small, your injuries are pretty minimal, or liability is clear-cut (that is, it’s very clear that the insured was at fault for your injury), the settlement process won’t take too long—usually about one or two months. Keep in mind, however, that every case has different circumstances, so there is no rigid formula or time frame that can be applied to all cases. Around the time that it becomes appropriate to settle your case, your Riverside County personal injury lawyer will give you an opinion of how long he thinks your settlement will take.
Your Riverside County personal injury lawyer will also let you know that there are other factors that can affect how long the insurance company will take to respond, as well as what the claims adjuster’s final offer will be:
(1) The number of files that the insurance claims adjuster is currently handling;
(2) How much documentation has been prepared for the claim;
(3) Whether or not it’s clear that the insurance company’s client was liable for your injury;
(4) Whether you were partly or wholly at fault for your injury (this is called comparative negligence);
(5) Whether a third party (that is, someone else besides you and the insurance company’s client) might have been responsible for your injury;
(6) How complex the internal claims process for that insurance company is (including the number of supervisors that are required to approve your claims adjuster’s settlement offer);
(7) How reasonable your Beverly Hills personal injury lawyer’s settlement demand number is;
(8) What time of year this is (because some months are more favorable for settlement);
(9) The state of the economy (since this can affect the insurance claims process as a whole); and
(10) Other factors.
If you’ve been injured in an accident, do not hesitate to contact experienced Riverside County personal injury lawyer David Kashani. For a free initial consultation, call 323-782-9605..