After an accident, the last thing you want to think about is what steps your injury lawyer will want you to take to protect your legal rights. However, what you do immediately following an accident is critical to the success of your personal injury claim.
After an accident, the scene may be chaotic. You may be confronted with an angry party or damage to property and personal injuries. The Law Offices of David P. Kashani, APLC injury lawyers suggest that you take the following six critical steps if involved in an accident:
1. Remain calm and secure the accident scene with flashers or flares.
2. Call for medical help, if necessary.
3. Only discuss the accident with the police, but do not admit fault to anyone.
4. Take pictures of the scene of accident, even with a cell phone.
5. Get the contact information for responsible parties and any witnesses to the scene of the accident.
6. Contact an injury lawyer at the Law Offices of David P. Kashani, APLC as soon as possible to discuss your legal options and protect your rights in getting the just compensation that you deserve.
Do You Have Questions After an Accident?
The initial steps you take after an accident will directly impact your personal injury lawsuit. Because it is hard to remember what you should do, our experienced injury lawyers recommend that you keep a copy of the above checklist with you at all times.
At the Law Offices of David P. Kashani, APLC we offer free initial consultation to discuss your case and any questions that you may have. To schedule an appointment with your injury lawyer, David Kashani, please call (323) 782-9605..